If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (908) 222-2020

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

We Can Eliminate Smoke and Odors After A Fire In Bridgewater

10/24/2019 (Permalink)

Fire and smoke damage in a home. “Like it never even happened.”

Eliminating Smoke & Odors After Fire Damage in a Bridgewater Bathroom

One of the last places many homeowners expect to deal with fire damage is in their bathrooms. Whether a faulty outlet makes a hairdryer spew fire or an overcharged lithium battery on an electric razor causes a fire hazard, this can be an extremely stressful situation. On top of that, the moisture in bathrooms can interact with residues from fire and become acidic, which can corrode metals and plastics alike.

If you need a professional team that can mitigate your home's fire damage in Bridgewater fast, certified fire cleanup technicians at SERVPRO can help restore your bathroom to its prior condition. If the damage to your home after a fire is extensive, this team can repair your home with a general contracting license. No matter where or when the disaster occurs, disaster cleanup professionals can address fire damage from appliance failures quickly.

Common Causes of Bathroom Fires
There is a variety of reasons that a bathroom can catch fire; some of the most common ones often involve everyday items and activities. These include:

    •    Exhaust fan malfunctions, usually due to ignition of lint and dust on the motor
    •    Electrical failures, such as damaged wires and overloaded outlets
    •    Appliance malfunctions
    •    Cigarette smoking

Always make sure to observe safe practices with electronics and other items in bathrooms. Turn off your vent fans when not in use and clean them periodically, avoid smoking in bathrooms, and check wires and batteries on appliances for signs of damage.

SERVPRO Can Restore Your Home

Depending on the damage, your bathroom may need repainting after cleaning. In cases where soot deposits are light, however, this may not be necessary. Regardless, thorough cleaning is required to prevent further damage to your home. SERVPRO can use EPA-registered disinfectants to remove soot and associated odors after a fire. If needed, odor control technicians (OCTs) can deploy industrial-grade thermal foggers to deodorize your bathroom. Ventilation systems also often need a thorough cleaning after bathroom fires. SERVPRO technicians can use augers, whips, brushes, and other agitating equipment to clean bathroom vents and prevent odors from spreading in your home.

SERVPRO of Bridgewater can ensure that your home looks, “Like it never even happened,” call (908) 222-2020 today for lightning-fast disaster cleanup.

For more about Bridgewater click here.

Other News

View Recent Posts