Is Odor Control Part of Fire Restoration in Bridgewater?
SERVPRO Technicians Perform Odor Control for Bridgewater Residents with Recent Household Fire Damage.
Why are burnt smells so tough to remove?
Controlling odors through deodorization of your Bridgewater property would be easy if all odors come from the same source. Unfortunately, fire odors can come from multiple sources, making it tough to tackle effectively without professional assistance. SERVPRO technicians have to use various odor control techniques to take fire odors in your property. These can range from cleaning methods to removing materials as well as air scrubbing equipment and chemical deodorants. Rest assured, our team has extensive experience in helping homeowners overcome unpleasant odors after a housefire.
What are the odor control procedures for fire?
• Removing charred contents or debris that could be a source of malodor
• Cleaning surfaces to rid them of odor-causing smoke residues and soot
• Recreate the conditions of odor spreading by using fogging or misting equipment to mimic smoke behavior
• Sealing surfaces with an odor sealant cover to prevent smoke odors from escaping into the home
Is it necessary to perform all types of odor control in a damaged property?
To deal with the odors of fire damage in your Bridgewater home, it is vital to take a measured approach. We want to remove odors from your property. But we also want to complete the job on-time and on-budget. To remain efficient in our restoration, technicians plan odor control methods sequentially. A first step may be to remove fire debris from the property and clean surfaces. We can then thoroughly ventilate the property to assess whether odors have disappeared. Sometimes, wetness or high humidity can make odors more noticeable. We conduct odor control step by step to ensure that our process remains efficient.
What affects odor in a home?
• Porous materials are more likely to become penetrated by odor particles.
• Thicker soot or smoke deposits are generally more odorous than those from minor to moderate fire damage.
• The length of exposure of materials to smoke and temperature can be influential to malodor
A tried and tested approach to odor control can help to ensure your home returns to preloss condition sooner rather than later. Contact SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020.