When Is It Necessary To Seek Help After Fire Damage in Bridgewater?
Call SERVPRO immediately after the fire truck drives away to ensure a speedy and efficient remediation process.
SERVPRO Handles Any Type of House Fire Clean Up in Bridgewater Properties
A good city has something for everyone including readily accessible emergency services such as fire departments since fires affect homes and business premises at any time. Bridgewater Township has a lot to offer, especially to those willing to go off the beaten path and explore the area.
The township sits in Somerset County, New Jersey, and is a hub for the state's central areas and a bedroom suburb for New York City, thanks to the relatively short commute. On average, it takes an hour to reach Manhattan through the Holland Tunnel. The township was created by a Royal chatter back in 1749. It was also one of the initial 104 townships incorporated by the New Jersey Legislature in 1798.
Where to Stay in Bridgewater
For people visiting the township, several establishments offer stellar accommodation. Most of the hotels are rated 3-star and include:
- Bridgewater Marriott, located along Commons Way and offers a café, bar, and restaurant. There is a gym as well as an indoor pool at the facility. It is one of the most booked hotels and most people rate it highly for staff friendliness and cleanliness.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater sits in a commercial district between I-287 and US-22 highways. The Bridgewater Commons mall is 3 miles from the hotel. It has modern rooms with amenities including Wi-Fi and pull-out sofas
- Hotel Somerset Bridgewater sits in a leafy area off I-287. It is close to exciting locations such as East Jersey Old Town Village, which is only 4 miles away, and Duke Farms nature preserve 10 miles away. It has suites with separate bedrooms, and some balconies offer direct pool access.
Areas of Cultural Interest
Whether you want to go out, but you do not want to spend time outdoors, or if you want to learn something interesting, the museums and art galleries in the area are perfect places to hang out. The Zimmerli Art Museum at Rutgers is a popular destination with exhibits touching various subjects like history, art, and culture. The Geology Museum at Rutgers has a different lineup of dirt, bones, and artifacts. Apart from exploring unique pieces such as complete dinosaur skeletons, there are events for adults and children.
What Steps Does SERVPRO Take When Managing Fire Damage in Bridgewater?
Fire affects property differently, especially if the fire department manages to quell it before it consumes the entire building. The outcome is a combination of charred and soiled materials spread all over. Clean-up is one of the consequential steps of fire damage restoration. Cleaning methods vary in terms of complexity and cost. Therefore, identifying the appropriate method for different issues is necessary.
SERVPRO is well versed with various cleaning methods since we handle different situations regularly, including:
- Fire and smoke damage
- Smoke remediation
- Smoke Damage
One of the common approaches we use to restore fire damage is mechanical agitation of materials to dislodge soils or reverse changes such as staining or charring. Agitation relies on friction to remove the soils without applying cleaning solutions. It works mostly for non-greasy residue on non-porous surfaces. Our SERVPRO technicians use mild options such as feather dusters or medium ones such as dry cleaning sponges. In case heavy agitation is needed, blast cleaning or Roto pads are sufficient.
SERVPRO of Bridgewater has considerable experience handling fire damage. Call us at (908) 222-2020 to help restore your property to its preloss state.
How to Protect Office Carpets from Mold Damage
SERVPRO will get to the root of your mold problem and work to eliminate and prevent further growth. Call us today for assistance.
Prevention is Better Than Cure for Bridgewater Carpets
A moldy carpet might not be top of your list of business concerns, but in fact, it is essential to be aware of the risks. Fungus growing in your office carpet can damage and discolor the mat, smell musty, and might cause health effects.
There are several things you can do to prevent mold damage to Bridgewater office carpets:
- Replace carpets in wet areas such as kitchens or bathrooms with linoleum.
- Run dehumidifiers in the office to keep humidity down – mold thrives in damp places.
- Clean up any spills immediately.
- Be mindful of leaks, damp patches on nearby walls, or wet spots on carpets – clean them up immediately and call the experts if you need help.
In the event of a spill or leak in the office, call SERVPRO. We can assess the situation and set up a drying environment to dry out carpets and discourage mold growth. Our team has air movers, fans, portable heaters, and dehumidifiers on hand to dry out damp areas.
Do not leave mold damage to chance. If you are concerned, contact SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020.
How Can SERVPRO Help after Water Damage to your Bedroom?
SERVPRO works to provide Fast and Efficient Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration to Your Bridgewater home.
SERVPRO Helps Bridgewater Residents Sleep Well Once More
A leaky pipe or overflowing tub or sink can wreak havoc in your home. If water spills into your bedroom, you might find yourself thinking that you will need to replace all your belongings. However, before you make that decision, please call SERVPRO – you will be surprised how much we can salvage.
Water damage in a Bridgewater bedroom can seep into all kinds of items, including the bed, linens, carpets, and furniture. Thankfully, we train our technicians to clean and restore many different things. Our team can:
- Extract excess water from the carpet.
- Dry or wet clean blinds and drapes.
- Spot clean water stains on upholstery or other textiles.
- Carefully dry and polish wooden furniture.
We can even send clothes, accessories, and linens to our facility for professional cleaning to leave them as good as new. However, our service does not stop with visible water damage. We also moisture test the floor, walls, and ceilings to ensure there is no hidden damage.
To get your bedroom looking shipshape once more, call SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020.
What Happens to Office Supplies after Flood Damage?
Regardless of the way that your property was flooded, SERVPRO is the effective company for water removal services. Call right away.
SERVPRO Helps Basking Ridge Businesses Dry up
Basking Ridge is a charming unincorporated community located in the Somerset Hills area of New Jersey. The town has a population of just 26,747 and yet is filled with green spaces and historical sites. Despite its size, Basking Ridge is home to Verizon Wireless, Barnes & Noble College division, Vencore Labs, and Collabera. Basking Ridge is also a pretty town where you can enjoy simply strolling around the streets admiring the quaint architecture or stopping off at once of the independent coffee houses or ice cream parlors downtown.
History is all Around in Basking Ridge
You are never far from a historic site in Basking Ridge. While you are here, be sure to stop and see:
- The Lord Stirling Manor Site was the site of a house belonging to William Alexander, Lord Stirling, a Major General of the Revolutionary War. Although the house is no longer standing, the site is occupied by a mail-order house from the 1920s, which is a beautiful authentic piece of architecture.
- The Presbyterian Church is an excellent example of Greek Revival architecture from 1839. The grounds used to be home to the White Oak, which was 600 years old and one of the oldest oaks in America. The preacher's James Davenport and George Whitfield preached under it. Although the tree no longer stands, the congregation planted an acorn from it in the hopes of growing another fine specimen.
- The Brick Academy is a federal-style brick building from 1809. It was originally a school and is now the headquarters of The Historical Society of the Somerset Hills. You will find a small museum, a historic schoolroom, and a research room. You can even take a virtual tour online from the comfort of your home.
If you want to explore the area around Basking Ridge, you might like to take a train from Lyons Station. Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad built the station in 1931, and it was the last station they made in New Jersey. The station has been lovingly restored thanks to a grant, and while it is a perfectly functioning train station, it is also a slice of history worth visiting.
You can get the train from Lyons Station to nearby Liberty Corner. The Historic District of Liberty Corner features eclectic revival houses, a stunning clapboard church, and even a golf museum! If you feel brave, you can visit Pharelock Castle, a turreted Norman-style castle that locals believe is haunted.
SERVPRO Helps Businesses Salvage Office Supplies
With several companies headquartered here, a reliable flood damage cleanup service is a must. If your business suffers flood damage, you might be concerned about your office supplies. Thankfully, we can clean and restore items in many cases, so you do not have to pay to replace them. For example, we can:
- Use freeze-drying to rescue water-damaged documents.
- Call in electricians to assess electronic devices.
- Put window blinds in ultrasonic cleaning tanks.
- Wash and dry drapes.
- Carry out stain and odor removal on office furniture.
The extent of repairs depends on how much water flooded your office and whether contaminants are present in the water. For help and advice, call SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020.
Mold Damage Can Devastate Bridgewater Properties
SERVPRO technicians are experienced with mold and all aspects of mold. Leave the mold remediation to the professionals.
SERVPRO Can Remediate All Kinds of Mold Damage in Bridgewater
Mold does not want to get discovered. An infestation will stay hidden for as long as possible and grow under floors and behind walls until it finally gets noticed. Then it is time for action.
SERVPRO technicians have extensive experience handling mold damage in Bridgewater properties. Most mold infestations are a symptom of another issue in the home. Barring mold growth as an after-effect of flood damage in a home, the most common reasons for colony growth and spreading emanate from these common root causes:
- Slow, undiagnosed leaks in pipes
- Poor ventilation in exhaust fans retaining humidity in attic spaces
- Inadequate drainage around washing machines or other drains
Drying is a crucial part of the mold remediation process. When working in a home, the techs contain the areas with mold to halt the spread of airborne spores and then work on bringing down the interior humidity levels that are currently sustaining the mold. Afterward, the dried colony matter gets removed by manually scraping and vacuuming up the remnants with a hand-vac with HEPA filtration or, for large colonies, abatement techniques such as ice or soda blasting, which removes the residues without marring surfaces.
SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020 has the experience and equipment to remediate any size mold damage in Bridgewater properties successfully.
SERVPRO Can Save Clothing Involved in Fire Damage in Basking Ridge
Specific cleaning equipment and procedures are needed for fire restoration. SERVPRO has the man power and equipment for any size job.
Professional Restoration Services Can Turn Around Fire Damage in Basking Ridge Homes
When a fire occurs in a home, the smoke odors and soot can wind up all over the interior, even in areas not directly affected by the flames. One of the most overwhelming feelings for a homeowner is the prospect of losing their clothing. Besides the expense of replacement aside, many people have wardrobe items with sentimental value that exceeds anything monetary.
SERVPRO techs can assist Basking Ridge homes with fire damage and, in particular, clean the articles of clothing exposed to heat, smoke, and soot. Several applications can work to restore clothing to a wearable state for reuse, including:
- Specific cleaning equipment
- Methods such as agitation or immersion cleaning
- Spot cleaning or dry cleaning at an outside facility
The Esporta Washing System is a powerful piece of equipment that can clean and sanitize washable clothing items and leave them sanitized after a single cycle. SERVPRO techs often rely on this for all types of restorative cleaning for washable items needed after a fire.
SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020 stands ready to handle fire damage cleanup in Basking Ridge homes 24/7.
SERVPRO Techs Restore Bridgewater Homes With Water Damage
Water damage restoration is not a DIY project. SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified and have the knowledge on what to do.
Bridgewater Residents Count on SERVPRO for Water Damage Cleanup 24/7
The city of Bridgewater has a long history with humble beginnings as part of a land parcel sold to local settlers by the Lenape, aka Delaware tribe. The estimated population of the tribe before the European settlers arriving was over 20,000 members. The Lenape worked in family groups where the women tended their farming crops while the men hunted. Initially chartered by King George II of England in 1749, the settlement received its incorporation as one of the original townships in New Jersey. It got its name in honor of Bridgwater, located in Somerset County in England.
From its inception until the mid-1960s, the primary industry in Bridgewater was farming. As the cities of Plainfield and Neward began to expand, the population started to grow, and more types of businesses established themselves in the local area to get away from the Plainfield-Newark region after the 1967 riots caused a great deal of property loss. This led to the development of the pharmaceutical, telecommunications, and financial industries in Bridgewater. As a modern, suburban community, the city has few reminders of its past as a significant farming hub and is now the second-most-populous city in Somerset County.
Features of Bridgewater
Much of the city is flat, the first ridge of the Watchung Mountains passes through, and the northern edge is more elevated. The Raritan River has branches that run outside the perimeter of the city and form a border. Bridgewater has several unincorporated communities within its township, including:
- Bradley Gardens
- Green Knoll
TD Bank Ballpark
One of the top draws for attendance in Bridgewater is the TD Bank Ballpark. A relatively new structure, this stadium was built in 1998 and can seat 6,100 people. It is the home field for the Somerset County Baseball Tournament and formerly hosted the Big East Conference Baseball Tournament from 2000-2005. It has won accolades in 2015 and 2016, getting named as Ballpark Digest's Best Independent Minor League Ballpark in the United States.
Duke Island Park
This park is another frequently visited outdoor area in Bridgewater. There is a canal in the middle of the park built to divert water from the Raritan River. People could rent canoes and paddleboats in the past, but this option is no longer available due to safety concerns. The park features numerous walking trails, a ranger station, a learning center for children, and a summer concert series for the locals and visitors to enjoy.
What Problems Can Water Damage Cause in Bridgewater Homes?
There are many issues that water damage can be the root cause of within a Bridgewater property. Dependent factors are the type of water, how long it went on, and how quickly the cleanup efforts began.
Scoping a property upon arrival is one of the initial steps SERVPRO technicians undertake to determine the scale of the damage from the water they are dealing with. A visual inspection is not enough; location of the migration path of water or areas affected behind a wall requires specialized equipment such as:
- Infrared cameras to "see" hot and cold temperatures and pinpoint areas of cooler water collection
- Devices that detect air moisture amounts
SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020 handles water damage mitigation for the local Bridgewater community. The techs arrive quickly and make it, "Like it never even happened."
Basking Ridge Locals Can Brunch With Hits From The Past
Our storm damage technicians have the equipment and experience to restore your home to pre-damage condition.
Day Party Brings Basking Ridge Residents Together
Basking Ridge residents can enjoy brunch with their favorite tunes from the 1990s and early 2000s. There is a full menu of tacos, burritos, plus chicken and waffles served up made fresh along with tasty mimosas to sip. DJ Nasty spins tunes and keeps the party going all afternoon. In light of current health protocols, all patrols must have a table and stay seated in observance of current social distancing guidelines. Attendees need to wear a mask, and temperatures get taken before entry into the event. Feel free to contact PHILINTHEBRUNCH@GMAIL.COM with any questions.
There is a dress code for the event; men should wear collared shirts, button-down shirts, or polo-style: no t-shirts or sweat pants are allowed at the venue.
- Date: Saturday, February 6, 2021
- Time: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM EST
- Location: Tequila N Tacos Mexican Sports Bar & Grill, 560 Stelton Road
SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020 is available 24/7 to handle the restoration services against flood damage in Basking Ridge properties. The techs arrive quickly and clean up the mess to make it, "Like it never even happened."
Rock Out With Led Zeppelin Tribute Band In Bridgewater
Enjoy an evening out at Village Brewing Company for dinner and a show.
Bridgewater Fans Of Classic Rock Are Welcome To Come to Enjoy Food, Drinks, Tunes
The Bridgewater community is welcome to come out and enjoy a live dinner show by Black Dog, a Led Zeppelin tribute band. The show observes current health protocols with masks worn and social distancing guidelines in place, and guests get seated at tables. This event takes place outdoors in a heated tent to keep everyone comfortable while dining on great food, drink house-brewed beer, and enjoy the music. The Village Brewing Company has created the largest heated tent in the state of New Jersey. Dancing while the band is playing is permitted but only in the direct vicinity of your table.
- Date: Saturday, January 30, 2021
- Time: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM EST
- Location: Village Brewing Company, 34 W Main Street
- Price: $10 in advance and $15 at the door per person
SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020 stands ready to assist local properties with any size water removal needed. The techs are available 24/7 to make the damage to the home, "Like it never even happened."
Bridgewater Residents Use Qualified Restoration Services After Flooding.
After a flood in your home, you need help from the experts! Call SERVPRO right away for assistance.
SERVPRO of Bridgewater Can Recover Wet Building Materials and Belongings after a Flooding Episode.
The town of Bridgewater is in the County of Somerset, New Jersey. Widely considered a bedroom town, Bridgewater's proximity to the broader metropolitan area of New York ensures that many residents work in the big city and live just outside. The city was initially purchased from the Lenape tribes and was a stronghold for Continental forces and settlers in the early 17th and 18th centuries. Following the American Revolutionary War, this town was incorporated into the United States by 1798. The first period of Bridgewater's history focuses on rural farming communities. However, the economic growth of pharmaceutical and financial industries in the nearby Raritan valley ensured population growth and sustainable wealth was brought to this part of New Jersey. The Raritan train line that runs through Bridgewater makes it an ideal commuting destination for New York City workers. As a result, the township has a growing population of 44,464 people and offers progressive food, nightlife, and entertainment.
The success of Bridgewater's population largely relies on big business. Many Fortune 500 companies have headquarters here, with French pharmaceutical company Sanofi among the leading firms to take up residence at Corporate Drive. The Raritan valley area nearby is a hub for leading software companies like Aalpha and Invontor. Shopping districts in Bridgewater attract international brands. The largest of these is the Bridgewater Commons, where residents can pick up products from Apple, LUSH, Macy's, and Swarovski. In total, the Bridgewater commons has 158 stores and offers visitors unique dining experiences while shopping. Children's play areas, free parking, WiFi, and phone charging options are available to make visiting this large shopping center as convenient as possible. For more shopping and brands, taking a trip to the Bridgewater Promenade is well worth visiting with a Hilton Garden Inn, Costco, and Home Depot within the 625,000 square foot mall.
- One of the top tourist attractions in Bridgewater, New Jersey, is the Washington Valley Park. The public green space expands over 715 acres and sits between the ridges of the Watchung Mountains. The combination of trails, peaks, valleys, and waterways makes this a fantastic example of Bridgewater's local surrounding grounds. The state park also has excellent mountain biking routes and waterfalls. The park's popularity does mean that specific areas fill up quickly, particularly around the waterfalls, and parking can be tough on some days. The Newmans Lane car pack allows direct access to the Chimney Rock trail, which takes a refreshing route alongside the water and leads directly to the waterfall.
- For sports, the TD Bank Ballpark on Main Street is an excellent example of baseball away from the major leagues. The ballpark is home to the Somerset Patriots, who play in the Minor League. The ballpark was built in 1999 and hosts up to 6,100 spectators at a single game. Since its inception, the stadium has won several awards, including the Best Independent Minor League Ballpark from Ballpark Digest magazine for two years running in 2015 and 2016. Ticket pricing is staggered and affordable, with concessions available for seniors, veterans, and kids.
- The Sri Venkateswara Temple is a Hindu Temple. The vast structure is designed in a traditional style and runs events during religious holidays throughout the year. The on-site kitchen allows visitors to enjoy sit down meals while enjoying the temple. The building is part of the Hindu Temple & Cultural Society of the USA. Rentals for events are possible with Banquet Rooms, Auditoriums, and South and North Halls available for celebrations and weddings. Much of the year-round events are thanks to volunteers who assist in the day-to-day upkeep of services.
Places to stay in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
- The HYATT house hotel is a reasonably priced holiday destination just off route 22 and in an excellent location for exploring the town center of Bridgewater. Guests here enjoy spacious rooms with a kitchen, WiFi access, social events, and free breakfast. There are 128 rooms here as well as conference rooms and meeting spaces for business trips.
- The Hilton Garden Inn on Promenade Boulevard allows instant access to the shopping districts around Bridgewater. The Hilton location is excellent for guests who want to explore the Washington Valley State Park, catch a ballgame at the TD Bank Ballpark or explore the Protechockey Ponds Ice Center.
- The AC Hotel Bridgewater is a smaller stay location just off the commercial district of Corporate Boulevard. The facilities include a post-dining lounge where cocktails are served as well as an on-site gym. Breakfast is complimentary, while rooms come equipped with a mini-bar and safe.
SERVPRO of Bridgewater Can Help Local Residents Overcoming the Devastating Property Damages Caused by Flooding.
When flash flooding occurs, it can be tough to protect your home and belongings from contaminated water intrusion. The source of flash floods often means that waters may contain human pathogens, raw sewage, or other harmful substances. SERVPRO technicians are experts at controlling losses in properties that have fallen victim to flash flooding. Our team can quickly extract water from the home using pumps specially designed to remove solid wastes from the structure. Semi-porous materials on the home can soon take on contaminated water. Our team can remove sections of drywall from your property and thoroughly decontaminate the cavities in your building assembly. Once complete, we can install clean, dry building materials to return your home to its preloss condition.
- We use powerful water extraction and pumping equipment capable of shifting hundreds of gallons of water from your home.
- Our Applied Structural Drying (ASD) technicians can assess wall cavities and take the necessary steps to limit secondary losses associated with mold or contamination.
- Thermal foggers can be deployed to disperse large amounts of deodorant solvent in a mist that allows for an entire structure's efficient deodorization.
If your home falls victim to flash flooding this winter, Contact SERVPRO of Bridgewater at (908) 222-2020.