Bridgewater Residents Can Relax Knowing SERVPRO Is Here To Help With Fire Restoration
Bridgewater Offers A Wealth Of Leisure Opportunities For Residents In Need Of Down Time
Bridgewater is a township in Somerset County, New Jersey. According to the most recent census, Bridgewater has a population of 44,464. The township occupies mostly flat terrain and is situated beside the Raritan River. Several tributaries of the Raritan pass through the township. In the Northeast, the first ridge of the Watchung Hills passes through the town. The Watchung Hills consists of three volcanic peaks and is home to a staggering array of wildlife, including rare flora and fauna, unusual minerals, and gorgeous examples of trap rock.
Bridgewater’s location beside the Watchung Hills is a massive advantage. New Jersey is one of the top populous areas in North America. Yet, residents and visitors are just moments away from rolling landscapes, picturesque rivers, lots of long, secluded nature walks, and old-growth forests. The Watchung Hills also offers breath-taking vistas over Newark and New York City.
If you want to take advantage of Bridgewater’s green spaces, there are plenty to choose from:
- Duke Island Park is near Bridgewater’s center and offers ample parking. There are plenty of well-maintained trails ideal for runners or dog-walkers, plus volleyball courts and a soccer field. The park has play equipment for the kids and picnic areas. Keen cyclists will especially appreciate the bicycle trails.
- Washington Valley Park offers wilder terrain, with peaks and valleys, peaceful babbling brooks, and dramatic waterfalls. There are trails to suit all fitness levels and plenty of quieter walks if you are looking for something more serene.
- Washington’s Camp Ground is a historical site where Washington camped with his troops for several months in 1777. You can explore the area, and some markers offer more information for history buffs.
- Kidstreet Playground is a firm favorite with Bridgewater residents. There are plenty of swings, slides and roundabouts, green areas, and even a zip line for kids to slide down.
The Somerset Heritage trail association also offers a regular program of walks around historic sites in Somerset County. A heritage walk is the ideal way to get some exercise and fresh air while also learning about the area.
Bridgewater Is A Great Leisure Destination
Bridgewater is not only about green spaces and historic sites. The township also offers plenty of leisure options.
If you are in the mood to go shopping, look no further than Bridgewater Commons. This three-story mall boasts upscale chains such as Macy’s, Bloomingdales, and Lord & Taylor, alongside a dizzying array of other shops and a food court.
Baseball fans will want to visit TD Bank Ballpark, which is home to the Somerset Patriots Professional Minor League team. As well as taking in a game, you can enjoy one of the many events run at TD Bank throughout the year or even book it for a private event of your own.
For more hands-on sports fun, drop by Bridgewater Sports Arena. Families can battle each other in a game of laser tag, and there are also ice skating and hockey rinks. There are also plenty of arcade games to try.
When you have had your fill of fresh air and activities, you will find a fantastic array of restaurants and bars in the downtown Bridgewater area. Diners will find everything from diverse foods from around the world to home-cooked meals from locally grown produce. Whether you are looking for a fine dining experience or a relaxed vibe, Bridgewater has something for you.
Bridgewater Apartments Suffer Fire
There is always a risk of fire in the home, even if you are careful. In August of 2020, some luxury apartments in Somerville, Bridgewater, caught fire. The blaze, at Parcview Lane and Haynes Street, was so extensive that smoke could be seen for miles around. Thankfully the apartments were not occupied because they were still under construction, so no one was hurt.
SERVPRO recommends that Bridgewater residents be mindful of the fire risk in their homes. Some simple steps to stay safe include:
- Do not leave appliances plugged in when not in use and check wires to ensure they are not frayed.
- Be careful when cooking as many fires happen in the kitchen. Never leave pans unattended.
- Burn candles on stable surfaces away from drapes, breezes, children, and animals – or even better, buy some LED candles.
- Do not cover heaters and ensure you place them clear of walls, drapes, and other furniture.
- Do not leave burning incense or cigarettes unattended. Smokers should go outside if possible, and you might consider replacing incense with water-based electric oil diffusers.
SERVPRO recommends Bridgewater families draw up a fire escape plan and ensure everybody memorizes and understands it. Each home needs good fire alarms, and please test alarms regularly. You can also purchase fire extinguishers and fire blankets – please only use these if it is safe to do so.
SERVPRO Offers Fire Restoration Services To Bridgewater Families
No one wants to think of a fire in their home, but in the event of a blaze, SERVPRO is here to help. We understand that your home does not feel like your own when it is soot-blackened, and your belongings are damaged. That is why we always aim to restore your home, “Like it never even happened.”
It is hard to find peace when you think you will have to replace much-loved family items such as toys and heirlooms. However, do not despair. Our teams focus on restoring rather than replacing items, which means that if we can salvage your belongings, we will. For example, we can:
- Vacuum and wipe soot from furniture.
- Use ultrasonic cleaning to restore everything from Venetian blinds to favorite toys.
- Send linens and clothes to our specialist facility for Esporta hydraulic washing.
- Spot clean damage on upholstery and cushions.
- Call in electronic specialists to restore and safety test devices.
We can also clean carpets and wooden floors and remove soot stains from walls and ceilings. We finish every project with deodorization to nix smoke odors and leave your home fresh.
If you need fire restoration services, SERVPRO of Bridgewater is here to help. Call us at (908) 222-2020.